Thursday, September 30, 2021

Merestead - Kinda

I read about a property in Northern Westchester called Merestead that is an old mansion on a huge bit of land that was bequeathed to the county and made into one of the parks. The combo of cool architecture and trails is right up my alley so I drove up a few weeks ago. This may be my biggest "adventure fail" as the main house and many of the cool things to see are still under a restoration process. 
The carriage house and another outbuilding were reachable and I took a nice hike around the property. The trail brought me to the back lawn, a lush field, where I spotted two deer grazing. They spotted me too and galloped off quickly! 

I will for sure give this one another try when the house is restored because even under a scaffold it looks stunning!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

16 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

I hardly call it a fail! You got some wonderful shots and you can go back when the place has been fully restored.

Daniela said... {Reply}

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for hosting, Tamar!
Wishing you a most wonderful Thursday
Xx Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (sweetlydreamingofthepast.blogspot.com)

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Beautiful and intriguing --as usual!

Tom said... {Reply}

...I love the garage with its wonderful door and eyebrow dormer. Classy!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Definitely not a total fail! I love the photos you did get of the property and buildings! That first shot looks like a fairy tale dwelling!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Oh wow, what a beautiful property despite much of it being under renovation. I hope you get the chance to revisit when more buildings are accessible. These pictures are wonderful!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

You still got some cool pictures!

Lea said... {Reply}

Great photos! My favorite is the rock wall with that gap just inviting a person to walk through!
Have a blessed day!

Cloudia said... {Reply}

THANK you

Maple Leopard said... {Reply}

I really love this carriage house...what a lovely spot to visit for fall! Have a very happy October!!

Valerie
xo
www.mapleleopard.com

Joanne said... {Reply}

Another beautiful place to visit!

Bekah said... {Reply}

Well you win for best "failed" pictures. All these were so beautiful! I hate it when I miss out for renovations, even if I know they're necessary. Can't wait to see when it's done!

Lucy said... {Reply}

I actually love the shots- what fail?! Thanks for hosting- Have a wonderful weekend!

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

I really like those three soft arches on the double doors. So soothing, somehow.

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Thank you for another lovely party!
Enjoy the weekend,
Amalia
xo

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very cool. Thanks for sharing.