Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Macys Balloon Inflation

Everyone knows about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, but the real place to be is around the American History Museum the afternoon before the parade as the balloons are inflated. I have always wanted to get there, but never could make it driving in from Boston and well last year....So this year...we made it! It was amazing. We snaked through quite a long line and had to show proof of vaccinations and wear masks (a-ok by me in the crowds) but as the sun set we arrived at balloon central!
They were AMAZING up close and personal and they are huge! All but one balloon was inflated by the time we got there around 5:45, but we did get to watch them begin to inflate Spongebob and it was quite the orchestrated event. I joked these two blocks are the most secure streets in Manhattan tonight and it also must be pretty funny to look out your living room window and see Grogu or a giant inflated dinosaur! Seeing them in the parade has all new meaning now that I've been right next to them on 77th St!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

10 thoughts on the matter:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Dave and I went to see that once and it was really cool!

Tom said... {Reply}

...I have heard that Macy's is the biggest consumer of helium in the world.

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

That's great! Love the Wimpy Kid!

Joanne said... {Reply}

That does look so neat!!

Natasha said... {Reply}

This looks really cool and now I have a new item to add to my bucket list!!!

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Thanks for hosting another lovely party.
Happy new month of December!
Amalia
xo

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very cool. Thanks for sharing. I would love to see it in person.

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

Fun! I didn't know you could do that!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

What fun! Almost my whole life was in Brooklyn and I never ventured up to see this done although I knew about it. Glad you took such amazing photos!

Bekah said... {Reply}

THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!!! You have the neatest adventures!!!