Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Guess Who Is Racing Again?

The last time I pinned a race bib on was May 19, 2019...it's been a long road of rehabbing this hip injury with PT, setbacks, and patience. Around late October I had that itch to try again and I have been logging consistent miles since early November! I signed up for a race to keep the momentum going and Sunday was the big day. A 4-miler Super Bowl-themed run in Central Park. 
Of course...it was snowing. Heavily! But I didn't let that dampen the excitement of crossing the line again. I've been running with the Peloton tread classes and it's been amazing so I put a class on via my phone to listen to and just ran. No goal. No time tracking on my watch. Just Matty Maggiacomo in my ear, some B'way tunes, a snow-draped park, and 5000 other people.

I did great. Felt super strong the whole time and took 3 short walk breaks. I was even able to sprint the last 1/2 mile for a solid, strong finish. I crossed in a 39:01 which is a 9:46 pace. I have been keeping all my tread runs on the slower side so this was a nice shock of what these legs can do still. 

It's the first huge step in the road back with the eyes still on the NYC marathon in 2023!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Moois van mie said... {Reply}

I'm impressed!

Natasha said... {Reply}

Whooooo hooooo!!! Way to go!!!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Great job and with the snow too!

Joanne said... {Reply}

Way to go!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Good for you. My husband just got into Bostom Marathon so we're madly booking all that in. Alas I'm stuck home with the kids :(

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Yay! I was so happy for you when I saw that! Of course it was snowing!! That is awesome you're back to running and racing!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Very cool. So happy for you. Great job.

Lovely said... {Reply}

That's wonderful! You did great despite the snow. Well done!
xoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com

Bekah said... {Reply}

I am so proud of you!! What an amazing reentry into the racing world!! Sorry about the snow, but you are a hero!