Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Guggenheim Museum

We finally made it to the Guggenheim! I hadn't been in probably 10 years and wanted to see the Kandinsky exhibit and it didn't disappoint. We started at the top of the spiral and worked our way down, seeing the paintings as his career and style evolved. 
One of the coolest parts of the building is that you can see the art from so many angles as you wind your way up or down. It's such a one-of-a-kind space to see some one-of-a-kind art!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

7 thoughts on the matter:

Aritha V. said... {Reply}

Thank you. Tamar. This painter is new to me. So I googled and read about him. Music was important to him, as an inspiration. I like to know that. Nice photo serie. O and thank for hosting the Link Party.

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

Somehow I don't remember going to the Guggenheim, but it all seems very familiar. It is definitely a great companion for Kandinsky's art!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

This museum is so unique. I went once!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

It's such a beautiufl useum - and what a perfect building to display Kandinsky!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

So very beautiful. That is a place that I truly want to visit.

kwarkito said... {Reply}

I often wonder if after all Kandinsky is not my favorite painter beyond Picasso, whom I like very much. He is in any case the inventor of abstract art (even if one can consider that some of Turner's misty landscapes also touch on abstraction). Every time I see his paintings and drawings (and by chance in Paris there are many) I am struck by the audacity of his work. It's as if it came from nowhere. And since I am colorblind, the variety and joy of his palette also dazzles me.

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

Thank you for another fabulous exhibition - I really like the last pic - is it parts of life hanging on a washing line. Love it. Thankyou for taking us along. Stay safe, have a good week, and thank you again for the link up.