Monday, November 6, 2023

The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 44

The Good:
I ran the NYC Marathon on Sunday! A full recap is coming on Thursday but it was an epic day and I set a solid PR with a time of 4:30:50!

The Random:
I eat the same meal before a long run for my entire training. It's salmon, potatoes, and a veg. Let's just say, but the time I finished my pre-race dinner I never wanted to see another potato!

The Fun:
I bought this sweet story book about the marathon. It was fun to read it to some classes at school!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

13 thoughts on the matter:

Natasha said... {Reply}

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, "WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Way to go!!!" I'm feeling such joy with, and for, you, in the midst of a hard month my friend.

Tom said... {Reply}

...keep running.

Amy Johnson said... {Reply}

Congratulations! That book looks so cute!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Great job on the marathon!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

Congratulations on completing the NYC Marathon! That is such a wonderful accomplishment!

Esme Slabbert said... {Reply}

Well done on your race and give the potato some time out and then you will be ready for it again soon. So many ways to prepare them,

I linked up this week with = 24+25. Come and join us Mon - Saturday at SeniorSalonPitStop as well as #WordlessWednesday #Photography Wednesday - Saturday. You will find the info under BLOGGING

Joanne said... {Reply}

Congrats on finishing the marathon!!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

Good for you! Congratulations. We had friends there on support, and our friend that has done 26 or 43 or some massive amount of NY marathons finally didn't finish. Very sad for him but his back is just beyond it nowadays....

roentare said... {Reply}

The food looks wonderful

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Congratulations on completing the marathon!!! I hope you're recovering well!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said... {Reply}

Super Huge Congrats !!!!
Love your photos too.. heres to a break from potatos haha

packmom said... {Reply}

Congrats on the Marathon and setting a new PR! I have some neighbors and friends that ran that marathon too so my fb feed was littered with expo and race pictures this past weekend. Super fun indeed to find a book to read to your students and to be able to share your own experience. What a great role model!

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

Well done you! Inspiring!