Thursday, December 14, 2023

Chanukah Fun

It's been a beautiful Chanukah! I wasn't really feeling so festive in the weeks leading up to the holiday, given the state of the world, but seeing how Jews around the world came together (physically or virtually) to share the beauty of our holiday so proudly put me in the full festive mood!

The Westchester Mall had a massive display, which I don't recall seeing in years past. It wasn't tucked in a corner, but really in the center of the mall and I saw so many kids go "look! Chanukah!" shows how important representation is! 
I added some new decorations to my house this year too. I bought a beautiful wood garland for my mantle, got a blue and white felted garland for the stairs, and hung various dreidel decor all over too! We are told to beautify the holidays, and decor really helps me feel festive!
My holiday spirit even carried over into Chanukah shirts! I have never bought a Chanukah top, often finding them kitchy, but this year I had 3! I had this simple embroidered top, a play on Taylor Swift (In My Chanukah Era), and a Vineyard Vines one, because why not!
And of course, the food! We enjoyed latkes one night, I had various gluten-free donuts, and more gelt than I care to admit.
Chanukah is truly a fitting holiday for what is going on in the world (not that anything about a sharp rise in semitism is ok!). The world felt so illuminated by our pride to celebrate Chanukah. The images on social media of Chanukah parties, families lighting menorah, the sharing of the meaning and symbolism of the holiday. 

Just like 2000 years ago, the few will prove their worth agains the mighty. Jews matter, our light is important and special, and no one can extinguish it!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

roentare said... {Reply}

Love your bokeh shot

Natasha said... {Reply}

I haven't had any gelt yet this year. Gasp.

Sara said... {Reply}

Happy Hanukkah Tamar!

Tom said... {Reply}

...I wish you peace and happiness.

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Gorgeous decorations. It's been hard to celebrate over here though.

Amy Johnson said... {Reply}

Such a great post. I'm thrilled about the large mall decoration, that's fabulous. I love your last paragraph. Your light is so important and special and it will never be extinguished!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

It felt different and meaningful celebrating this year.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}

You had a beautiful Channukah!
I am praying for all the hostages to be released and for peace. Keep hope!

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

Jews matter, this fight over cultures and religions is hurtful to all of us.
Guess what? there is room for all of us to worship God our way. Room for all of us to share love. Love your decorations and pass me some of that good holiday food please!
LeeAnna

Esme Slabbert said... {Reply}

Thank you for hosting and glad you had a wonderful and festive Hanukkah.

I linked up this week with = 24+25. I hope you will join us M-S SeniorSalonPitStop and W-S #WordlessWednesday. You will find both under BLOGGING.

Joanne said... {Reply}

I love that giant mall decoration! It sounds like you really had a wonderful Hanukkah. Such lovely pictures.