Thursday, February 22, 2024

Back on the Slopes!

After four years, minus one day, I got back to my supremest happy place -- snowboarding! Judah and I went up to Vermont for a day on the slopes. We settled on Stratton Mountain since it's just 90 minutes from his sister's where we stayed and a legit peak. Vermont has been getting a lot of snow so we had amazing conditions and some fresh powder. The village around the base area is so great, with shops, charm, and actual places to eat (lodge food is...meh). 

After 20 years, I had upgraded my snowboard and was so excited to take it for a spin! Judah hadn't skied in a long while and I was hopeful my hip was ok (I had medical clearance to go) so after our first gondola ride to the top, we started off slow with some greens.
The mountain did not disappoint! The trails are long and really amazing in terms of twists, turns, and scenery. My new board is amazing and it's amazing what a new, lighter board and better boot/binding tech can do! It truly was like getting back on a bike, it all instantly connected and I was flying down the slopes. Judah got his sea legs back under him too! Towards the end of the day, we split up so I could do a black and I may have accidentally ended up on a double black, but managed it so well!

We are already looking forward to more ski adventures together!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

8 thoughts on the matter:

roentare said... {Reply}

Beautiful snow scenes

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

Wow, amazing scenes Tamar! 👏

Tom said... {Reply}

...back on the slopes brings back the good old days for me.

Amy Johnson said... {Reply}

How fun! Thanks for the party!

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Very impressive!

Natasha said... {Reply}

I'm impressed you can snow board! We're not going to get out skiing this winter and I really wish we could... Not enough snow/time.

Esme Slabbert said... {Reply}

Glad and happy for you to hit the slopes again, and wow you do have good snow.
My links: 28+29. We will be so happy if you share your links with us at SeniorSalonPitStop. Link under BLOGGING

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That looks so cool. I know I couldn't do that.