Tuesday, July 16, 2024

The Wild Couch Party

Down by Wall Stree, there is a whimsical meets thought-provoking art install called "The Wild Couch Party." It is a huge sectional "sofa" filled bronze sculptures of various endangered animals by artists Gillie and Marc, each is interactive in some way, inviting people to engage with the animals in a variety of ways.  
Taking a seat next to a jackrabbit or bear encourages people to become part of the journey with endangered animals and hopefully feel the pull to help protect them. It is a creative and fun way to put wildlife in the center of city-folks daily lives!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

5 thoughts on the matter:

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

That is so cool!

Lydia C. Lee said... {Reply}

I love their work - I stumbled across little ones last week when I didn the Mosman art walk....

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That is so very cool. I love this work. Very cool.

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

Oh! that really is amazing! how wonderful - I love it. Sad to see our Australian koala there..... You always bring us the most interesting things to see. Thankyou. Have a fabulous week and thankyou again for the linkup

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

I also love their work. Could I use some of your photos in my blog giving both you and artists Gillie and Marc attribution? My art blog is Alchemy of Clay (https://blackmtnbarb.blogspot.com/) You can comment on any of my blogs if you will give me permission.