Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hey Zayda, Want to Have a World Series?

Remember this post?

Well, it's 10:30 pm - Game 6 of the world series and the Yankees are up 7-3 in the 6th inning. If things go as they are, I think my Zayda is going to get his series.

My mom and I were talking a few nights ago, when the Yankees won and were leading 3-1, and we were remembering the summer of 2008 when we tried really hard to bring Zayda to Yankees Stadium, deep down knowing it was probably our last chance to try. Well, that summer was tumultuous health wise for Bubbe and it just didn't happen.

That was the last season at that stadium, and by the time the first pitch of the season was thrown out in the 2009 season Zayda was too weak to try to bring to a game.

Except if you believe in angels.... and I do.....

I also believe that Zayda is out there right now, either on the field or in the stands cheering his Bronx Bombers on....

I believe he "let" the Phillies win Monday night so he could see the Yankees win at home....

And I believe that he has been pulling strings since July 2oth so that he could see the Yanks win a series after a bit of a drought... (I will admit, even as a Red Sox fan they have been playing like champs.....)

But, just this year Zayda! My Red Sox are going to be back in the running next year but I am so happy that the Yankees won this for you, you deserve it for being a loyal fan, still loving your Red Sox fan grand-daughter, and just being you.

I love and miss you more than ever tonight - enjoy the sights from the new stadium, I hear it is a beautiful one and I am sorry we never were able to take you to another game, but I know you got there in spirit.

0 thoughts on the matter: