Tuesday, June 16, 2020

School's Out!

When you think back on all we've done
I hope you're proud...

When you look back and see how far we've come
It was our time to shine...


{Whenever You Remember -- Carrie Underwood}

As of 12 pm tomorrow, another year is through and what a year it was!!

The end of the year this year feels so...weird. Usually the past two-ish weeks we've been doing fun end of year activities. We have presentations and celebrations. I get all nostalgic about how much everyone has grown and learned. The warm air in our room sparks summer fever. I put the kids to work weeding out old markers and organizing the library. We count down together to the last second of the year.

This year. Well. While we only had 12ish weeks of distance learning, it feels like it was more than half the year. Between March and June is usually when I see the most "wow look how much you've grown" change. I feel robbed of that this year. Instead of only celebrating all we've accomplished, I've spent more time second-guessing what I have done since March and wondering if I could have done better. I know these kiddos have thrived the best they can, but teacher guilt is real as we wrap up over here.

In class or at home; we've learned loads this year. My groups this year, in both grades, were curious, hard-working, funny as could be, and just good kids.

Once again they taught me as much as I taught them. Even more, if I had to ask for a better group of kiddos to be my "last classes" as a classroom teacher, this was a pretty spectacular group.

So here's to another year of learning done. What a crazy ride it was. Now...viva la summer!



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!


11 thoughts on the matter:

Bekah said... {Reply}

What a strange, strange year for you, and yet I know I have EVERY confidence that your classes were so very blessed to have you for a teacher and you gave it your all. They'll remember this year as much, if not more more, for who you were and what you taught than anything. Congratulations on a job well done!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Another school year down but this was one for the books! I can't imagine how the kids, teachers and parents feel about this school year. I know you've made an impact on so many of your students' lives! On to your new adventure!

Barbara Rogers said... {Reply}

As you move forward, so do your students. Who knows what the fall classes will be like! Congrats.

Tom said... {Reply}

...and I wonder what fall will bring?

handmade by amalia said... {Reply}

Let the summer begin!
Amalia
xo

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I'm sure you did great!

Suchot - The Curious Frugal said... {Reply}

Ahh, so poignant to read! <3

Life Images by Jill, West Australia said... {Reply}

It has certainly been a very strange first half of the year - but I am sure, as a teacher, you have done the best you could for your kids. I hear that you are moving towns, so all the very best for the move, enjoy your summer holidays, take care, and thanks again for keeping our Communal Global link up alive.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

As a fellow teacher, it has been weird to say. We ended two week ago and because I am a fool, I am working summer school which started last week. Have a good summer.

Shiju Sugunan said... {Reply}

What a proud moment! You must be having mixed feelings. All schools have switched to online classes here.

Anonymous said... {Reply}

popieram wasze dziaƂania polecam http://stylizacjawlosa.pl/grzejniki/Grzejnik-elektryczny-cz%C4%99sto-pojawia-si%C4%99-w-mieszkaniach