Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crustless Veggie Quiche

This is one of my favorite recipes. Such a delicious dinner and super, super healthy too!  I, of course, don't make it nearly enough, but decided to whip it up for Shavuot last week. 
This quiche is so great for many reasons, but one is because it's naturally gluten and soy free. I just also leave off the cheese to make it dairy free too, but you could for sure put Daiya cheese on it! I just love it the way it is!

Crustless Veggie Quiche

- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped

- 8 oz, baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 4 medium (or 2 large) tomatoes, chopped

- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375º and spray a casserole pan. Heat some olive oil in a skillet. Saute the eggplant, celery, onion, and pepper until softened, about 15 minutes. Add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.

It's important to let the juices slowly steam off, or your eggs will get runny! 

While the veggies cool, mix the eggs and spices. When the veggies are cool (or you can temper the eggs) pour the eggs and veggies into your casserole. (top with cheese if you wish, now) Bake for 40 minutes or until it's cooked through.

Enjoy, enjoy! It's really delicious hot, cold, or room temperature!

4 thoughts on the matter:

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

Looks yummy, and liking the spaghetti squash on the side!

Unknown said... {Reply}

My whole family loves quiche, but I'm the only one who likes the crust. I might have to sacrifice and make this for them. ;)

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Fantastic Tamar!!! I had always wondered what I would do if they gave me an eggplant in my weekly co-op basket. Now I have a recipe for one if that happens. Thank you so much for sharing.

Serendipityissweet said... {Reply}

Ohhh, I bet my husband would love that. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!