Thursday, April 11, 2019

Bumblebees Don't Know

Everyone has their animal. The one they've loved since childhood. Now, since I was a kid, sea turtles were my favorite animal. I knew all the various types. Had more stuffed turtles than an aquarium gift shop. We visited turtle rescues in Florida. Turtles was my thing.

But, for the past 21 years, another animal has been close to my heart. Bumblebees.
On April 15, 1998 I was diagnosed with a slew of auditory processing disorders - many which impacted my entire life. What do bees have to do with this?

There is a saying "bumblebees don't know..."

Well, aerodynamically bees shouldn't be able to take flight. Their wings are practically sheer and their little bodies have a solid mass. But they do fly! Why? Because no one ever told them can't!

That became my driving force. I had managed for 10 years in the face of odds. I was learning and functioning as best I could despite a deck stacked against me.

As I've become a runner, this mantra still holds true. There is no excuse to give up. Being a bumblebee is a special part of who I am and who I will continue to bee.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Come link up and join...the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

11 thoughts on the matter:

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Aw, Tamar, this might be one of my favorites posts ever! Be a bumblebee! Such a great mantra. My spirit animals have been cats, foxes, and peacocks. I am not sure why, but there they are!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Tom said... {Reply}

...I may not have a slew, but I do have auditory processing problems too!

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

I love every word of this!
No wonder you are such a great teacher!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Tamar, I will never view bumblebees in the same way ever again! Thank you for sharing with us.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

What a great motto!

fashion on a shoestring said... {Reply}

Such a lovely bumble bee :) Thanks for hosting.

Klara S said... {Reply}

I wish you all the best! Be a bumblebee!
Thank you for hosting.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said... {Reply}


Tamar, you are an inspiration! You shine in so many ways and have made the best of your abilities. I love this bumble mantra and will use it with my grandchildren going forward.
XOXO

Tea With Jennifer said... {Reply}

My favorite animal as a child were dolphins, I loved their intelligence!
Blessings,
Jennifer

Mary K. said... {Reply}

I hope you always continue to be a bumblebee and inspire others with your determination!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Such very true words. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.