Thursday, June 20, 2019

Asian Quinoa Salad

Summer is my favorite time to make fun quinoa salads. So easy to toss veggies with the grain, add dressing, and have a nice cool tasty meal for a few days. I've been working this one out for a bit and it hit the spot. Lots of crispy veggies, some nuts, a creamy tangy dressing, and perfection!
It reminds me of a slaw meets a sesame noodle type dish. Any heaviness of the nut butter based dressing is lost in the mix of veggies and quinoa. I can even see this being good warmed up, too.
You can easily boost it as a meal by adding some salmon or chickpeas tossed in or on the side. Serve as a side. An easy lunch. This was so easy and has so many possibilities. I made it even easier to throw together by buying pre-shredded cabbage and carrots! 






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...I had just recently learned about quinoa.

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Looks delicious! I just pinned this to my Meal Planning board. Thanks for sharing!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Mary K. said... {Reply}

That looks super yummy and oh so colorful. A feast for the tummy and the eyes!

Bekah said... {Reply}

So colorful and pretty!! I should try this one for Ryan. He doesn't like quinoa, but I'm trying to slowly add it to different dishes and see if I can get him to like it better. He is tolerating the one we have this week. (I think it's pretty good!)

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Looks delicious, Tamar. I love peanut butter dressing. I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

This sounds so yummy! I want some right now! Give me all the peanut dressing! :)

riitta k said... {Reply}

Your salad looks delicious! I eat a lot of salads throughout the year. Peanut butter is not a Finnish thing - maybe I should give it a try!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

That looks so good. Thanks for sharing it. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Looks delicious, love all the colors!

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

Looks so tasty Tamar, yummy! Thanks for hosting.

Joanne said... {Reply}

That looks very tasty; I have never tried a quinoa salad.

Lea said... {Reply}

Thanks for the recipe!
Have a great day!

likeschocolate said... {Reply}

The salad looks delicious!

HeartSong Normandie said... {Reply}

that looks great - perfect for summer! Yum

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

This looks so tasty. Yes, please :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays a few weeks ago Tamar. Have a lovely week and I hope to see you on Wednesday.