Tuesday, June 18, 2019

End of a Year!

you're a firework...
let it shine...

{Firework -- Katy Perry}

Another year is through.
At 12pm today, I say goodbye to 32 third graders and send them off to summer vacation.
This was quite the year and these kiddos kept me on my toes!
It's hard to recognize this group when I think back to the crew that sat before me on day 1.
They've matured, learned so much, gotten taller, and grown in many other ways.

I say every group is a special group and one of my favorites. And once again, this group will forever have a special place in my heart. They were hilarious, cheeky, curious, and had more energy than I have ever seen. We channeled it all into a year of learning and laughing.

But now...it's time for summer. Some downtime. Some working. Some gearing up for some minor changes in the year ahead!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter


Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

9 thoughts on the matter:

Tom said... {Reply}

...wonderful accomplishments!

Alana said... {Reply}

You teach cursive! I applaud you - knowing cursive allows young ones a direct link to historical documents and the study of history. One of my cousins, a first grade teacher in Florida, retired this year. She misses her students.

Bekah said... {Reply}

Congratulations on another year accomplished! That's wonderful!! Loved reading all the signs! :)

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Love the signs. Makes me wish I was teaching in a regular school vice the alternative school in which I teach in. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Congrats to you and the class!

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

I love all their signs! Congrats on another year finished.

Shiju Sugunan said... {Reply}

Congratulations! That's a good self appraisal idea.

Sara Chapman in Seattle USA said... {Reply}

What a wonderful post. I adore the proud smiles showing on some photos. A great curriculum, too!

Life Images by Jill said... {Reply}

sounds like you have had a great year with these kids. I loved reading what they had learned. Enjoy the summer holidays! and thank you for keeping the link up going.