Thursday, October 17, 2019

BAA Half 2019

Sunday was the BAA Half marathon. I was meant to be running it, but alas still riding the injury recovery bus. I got some slow miles in before heading over to cheer with Heartbreak friends. 
 The elites came in strong (they hit mile 5 at 24ish minutes) and then soon the rest of the runners came in strong! It is always great to cheer loudly for Heartbreak teammates and we were giving tons of pep to all the runners who looked strong at the 1/3ish mark.
It was a little hard to be cheering, again, instead of running...but I am trying to be positive that I will be back out there better than ever when the time is right!
 A super great day to cheer. The weather was perfect for the runners (let's face it, it's because I wasn't running it...) and I had a blast being involved in the race as best I can at the moment!






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter



Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

12 thoughts on the matter:

Handmade in Israel said... {Reply}

Good that you got to run a little. Cute dog!

Shelbee on the Edge said... {Reply}

Tamar, you inspire me! I love that you are out there cheering when you can’t run! Strong communities of friendships make for the best kind of living, don’t they? I hope you heal quickly and can get back to your passion!

Shelbee
www.shelbeeontheedge.com

Joanne said... {Reply}

Sorry you had to sit out another race, Tamar. I know how much you wanted to be out there with everyone else.

Michele Morin said... {Reply}

Sorry you had to be a spectator for this one.
Hopeful that you will be back in running form soon!

Meditations in Motion said... {Reply}

Looks like an awesome race. You will be running it next year, Tamar. I rode the injury bus for 2 agonizing years. I can completely sympathize with your disappointment. You will come back better than ever, I know it!

Mary K. said... {Reply}

You'll be back at it in no time!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

That's funny about the weather! It was a gorgeous couple of days in Boston. We saw a 10K on Monday around the public garden. That dog is sooo cute! You're a great team player and cheerleader but smart to not run with your injury recovery!

Bekah said... {Reply}

I'm so sorry you missed the race - but I won't lie; I giggled at the part at the end about the weather being great because you weren't running it! That's how Ryan and I used to feel about house sales. Other people's sold quickly because we weren't the ones selling. HA!

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

Sometimes its good to experience the other side. Hope all is well.

LA Paylor said... {Reply}

hooray, returning to running! All that and a doodle picture too!
Leeanna

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

Good for you for making the best of it and cheering and taking photos! I love the one with the dog!

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Sorry that you had to sit this one out. Great photos though.