Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Berry Crumble

We've almost reached the end of the Jewish fall holiday marathon. Almost. 

The last week of celebration is the holiday of Sukkot, my personal favorite. Usually it falls a bit later in September/early in October and marks the start of fall baking. This year, yeah, not quite. So when friends asked me to bring a desert to their sukkah one night, I had no clue what to make...too early for pumpkin cookies, apple cake was so Rosh HaShanah, and not to mention we've been eating for weeks at this point and ready to burst...

So I went with a super simple, and very clean eating, berry crumble. No guilt here. None. Just gorgeous colors and flavors.
Adapted from here.

Notes: 
-- Use any milk you like. I usually use my almond milk, but these friends have a son with a nut allergy (the coconut milk was perfect though)
-- I use coconut milk that is now stocked in the milk aisle, not the canned milk you make curry with. 

16 thoughts on the matter:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

This looks delicious! I love any kind of crumble!

Pride In Photos Beauty said... {Reply}

I love how it is all wholesome ingredients and so simple♥

4 Lettre Words said... {Reply}

Wow...such great ingredients, and it sounds delish!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

That looks and sounds delish... and looks easy to make, too!

Anita Johnson said... {Reply}

This does look good, fresh and healthy! You can't beat that!

Kim Cunningham said... {Reply}

Yum! I looks so fresh! Lovely dessert. Had to laugh at apples being " so RH!" Funny!

Kim Stevens said... {Reply}

Easy and beautiful, can't beat that!

Ruth Kelly said... {Reply}

That looks so good and I like the fact that it has coconut milk and honey in it.

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Fabulous- I think I found my kid's new breakfast favorite.

renae said... {Reply}

Tamar, where did miss the info about you being a gluten / dairy free eater?

I have to have dairy free for sure, and gluten isn't an absolute must but it is better if done. That pizza recipe from the other day is perfect for me. This one looks great too. YUMMMMMM!

Nicki said... {Reply}

This looks, and sounds perfectly delicious. But "too early for pumpkin cookies" - never!

Sharon said... {Reply}

Yum! I just bought some strawberries. I'd like to try your recipe. This crumble looks SO good!

Unknown said... {Reply}

First, yum! Second, I love your pantry labels!

Jade @ Tasting Grace said... {Reply}

Sounds and looks so yummy! This really is making me miss autumn in the States.

Nancy said... {Reply}

Love this simple recipe -- only I would have to sub coconut flakes for the oats (Paleo), but what a great idea. xo

Shoshanah said... {Reply}

I made my first crumble last year for Christmas and thought it turned out delicious. Of course haven't made one since them, but now your post is making me crave one!